SkinPen, by Crown Aesthetics, is the first microneedling device cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, clinically proven to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for ages 22 and up.
SkinPen® was awarded “Top Rated Treatment for Acne Scars” and “Top Skin Care Device” in the Aesthetic Everything® 2019 Aesthetic and Cosmetic Medicine Awards.
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that helps minimize the signs of aging, improves the appearance of acne scars and rejuvenates aging skin. The mechanism of action includes creating micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin.
- Reduce the signs of aging including skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves the appearance of acne scarring
- Effective treatment for hyperpigmentation, including melasma
- Minimally invasive
- Safe for all skin types, light to dark
- Effective on all body parts, including face, neck and décolletage